Aaron James Draplin of the Draplin Design Co. makes stuff for rock bands, comedians, restaurants, sporting goods and leftie politicians. He’s traveled the world telling his story, with over 470 speaking fiascos under his belt. What else has he done?
- Co-created Field Notes memo books
- Filmed multiple Skillshare classes, teaching design enthusiasts of all ages
- Released two typefaces on ddcfonts.com
- Wrote a book titled Pretty Much Everything, now in its twelfth printing
- Built a roster of DDC Merch that’s up to 300 products and growing!
In this episode, Aaron talks to Nick and Matt about how he built his personal brand, the importance of consistency, and life tips for young designers. How does a punk rock ethic guide the way he interacts with fans? What’s in his latest Skillshare class? What’s wrong with working for Subway? Hold on for a wild ride as we wrap up season one.
MORE BRAND OUTLAW RESOURCES:
BRAND OUTLAW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY SUPERKICK
We design clear brand messaging to help businesses stand out in their markets. Visit superkickbranding.com.